TECSYS Announces Self-Service Requisition Management System (RMS)
ProMat 2013, January 21, 2013—TECSYS Inc. (TSX: TCS), an industry-leading supply chain management software company, announced today the release of its Requisition Management System (RMS); a web-based and flexible requisition management solution that allows businesses to automate and manage their purchase requisitions processes for supplies and services, executing each through the approval, appropriation and procurement workflows to streamline the purchasing process, improve service to users and lower supply spend.
TECSYS' RMS is an intuitive, user-friendly self-service requisition management solution that enables hundreds of users across an enterprise to quickly and easily initiate, process and track purchase requisitions for stock and non-stock items with little or no interventions from purchasing agents. TECSYS' RMS provides the ability to configure multiple types of requisition submissions; each uniquely defined based on supply source, approval structure, appropriation assignment as well as tracking and automation of email notifications with full edit capabilities for approvers and buyers.
As a self-service facility, TECSYS' RMS is very intuitive and users require no training. It speeds up the requisition and appropriation process, eliminating paper trails, streamlining the purchasing process, accelerating order times, improving fill rates, often reducing inventory levels due to overstocking and ultimately lowering the total supply chain spend costs.
TECSYS' Vice-President of Marketing & Business Development, Robert Colosino, commented: "Inherent in every supply chain organization is the significant number of purchase requisition transactions involved for stock, and more so, for non-stock items to support the organization's business. Distributors, hospitals, educational organizations, utilities and government bodies waste hundreds of hours in the creation, processing and execution of purchase requisitions through non-automated and user unfriendly technology or paper-based processes. Recognizing this essential need in the market, we have put to work our decades of experience working with a variety businesses to create TECSYS' RMS. It is based on our visionary technology platform that is known for its collaborative visibility attributes, bringing high values that businesses appreciate most, both from a technological and business processes perspectives."
TECSYS' RMS major capabilities include:
- Requisition Management: enables businesses to manage purchase requisitions, processing each through the approval, appropriation and procurement process.
- Requisition Approvals: Through electronic approvals processes, TECSYS' RMS addresses the many variables associated with the approval processes no matter how complex they are.
- Procurement Management: TECSYS' RMS Procurement capability provides the flexibility required to fully manage and process a requisition from request to delivery. Buyers have the flexibility to modify supply sources and/or items to take advantage of vendor promotions, discounts and volume pricing incentives.
- Appropriation Management: Answers to the many questions associated with a requisition process such as "when was it approved", "for what period", "what was it for", "what budget should it be applied to" and more. TECSYS' RMS ties budget to the requisition and allows multiple appropriation codes to be applied to a single entry.
- Email Notification: TECSYS' RMS offers automated email notification, triggered when a request is submitted. Hassle free, providing collaborative hyperlinks directly to the requisition and requires no intervention from the requester.
- Accessible anytime, anywhere: TECSYS' RMS can be accessed from any browser-based device, from anywhere at any time. The system is intelligent, extensible and as easy-to-use as a browser. It is adaptable to users' environments, and is sensitive to each individual's personal needs. As workers use the system more and more, TECSYS' intelligent technology quickly tailors itself to each individual preferences and way of working, and presents that information exactly how they like to see it. Internet-based with SOA architecture, TECSYS' open system software applications can be deployed on premise, be hosted applications or deployed as a SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) model. TECSYS' RMS can collaborate and easily and securely be interfaced to other complementary software applications and host systems using Web services, file transfer or direct connections.
TECSYS provides transformative supply chain solutions that equip our customers to succeed in a rapidly-changing omni-channel world. TECSYS solutions are built on a true enterprise supply chain platform, and include warehouse management, distribution and transportation management, supply management at point-of-use, as well as complete financial management and analytics solutions. Customers running on TECSYS' Supply Chain Platform are confident knowing they can execute, day in and day out, regardless of business fluctuations or changes in technology, they can adapt and scale to any business need or size, and they can expand and collaborate with customers, suppliers and partners as one borderless enterprise. From demand planning to demand fulfillment, TECSYS puts power into the hands of both front line workers and back office planners, and unshackles business leaders so they can see and manage their supply chains like never before.
TECSYS is the market leader in supply chain solutions for health systems and hospitals. Over 600 mid-size and Fortune 1000 customers trust their supply chains to TECSYS in the healthcare, service parts, third-party logistics, and general wholesale high-volume distribution industries. TECSYS' shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol TCS.
Forward Looking Statements
The statements in this web site relating to matters that are not historical fact are forward looking statements that are based on management's beliefs and assumptions. Such statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties, including but not limited to future economic conditions, the markets that TECSYS Inc. serves, the actions of competitors, major new technological trends, and other factors beyond the control of TECSYS Inc., which could cause actual results to differ materially from such statements. More information about the risks and uncertainties associated with TECSYS Inc.'s business can be found in the MD&A section of the Company's annual report and annual information form for the fiscal year ended April 30th, 2016. These documents have been filed with the Canadian securities commissions and are available on this Web site and on SEDAR .
Copyright © TECSYS Inc. 2017. All names, trademarks, products, and services mentioned are registered or unregistered trademarks of their respective owners.