TECSYS Reports Fiscal 2015 First Quarter Results, Records 23% Revenue Growth
MONTREAL, September 11, 2014 — TECSYS Inc. (TSX: TCS), an industry-leading supply chain management software company, today announced its results for the first quarter of fiscal year 2015, ended July 31, 2014. All dollar amounts are expressed in Canadian currency and are prepared in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and are unaudited.
First Quarter Highlights:
- Revenue grew 23% to $13.0M in Q1 2015 compared to $10.6M in Q1 2014.
- EBITDA increased by 73% to $1.0M in Q1 2015, compared to $579 K in Q1 2014. EBITDA in Q1 2015 includes a one-time acquisition expense of $134K related to Logi-D.
- Profit from operations increased to $474K in Q1 2015, compared to $171K in Q1 2014. Before acquisition related expenses and amortizations, profit from operations increased to $650K compared to $171K in Q1, 2014.
- Net profit increased to $343K or $0.03 per share compared to $83K or $0.01 per share in Q1 2014. Before acquisition related expenses and amortizations, net profit increased to $519K or $0.04 compared to $83K in Q1, 2014.
- Services revenue improved by 23% to $8.7M while services profit margin expanded to 41% from 33% in Q1 2014.
- Recurring revenue on an annualized basis grew to $18.6M, a 20% jump compared to the end of Q1 2014, representing 38% of the last twelve months trailing revenue.
- Total contract bookings in the quarter totaled $9.7M, including $4.7M in total contract value from six new accounts, including three new hospital networks.
- Go-lives at 17 customers' sites, most notably: one hospital network, one service parts provider and five new hospitals with Logi-D products.
- Backlog was $33.6M at the end of Q1 2015 compared to $26.3M at the end of Q1 2014.
- Cash and cash equivalents totaled $5.3M at the end of Q1 2015 compared to $8.8M at the end of Q4 2014.
- On May 31, 2014, the Company acquired 100% of the issued and outstanding shares of Logi-D Holding Inc, a leading provider of point-of-use technology for supply chain automation servicing hospitals and healthcare organizations.
TECSYS also announced that the Company’s Board of Directors has declared a quarterly dividend of $0.0225 per share, to be paid on October 10, 2014 to shareholders of record at the close of business on September 26, 2014.
"This quarter we further extended our leadership in the hospital market, signing three notable new health systems and highlighting the industry’s growing demand for our products," said Peter Brereton, President and CEO of TECSYS Inc. "Along with the momentum we have established in the hospital sector, we also booked an additional $4.0M of business in the broader supply chain market. Our services team continues to execute with increased efficiency, reflecting the improvements we made to their organization and capacity over the last two years. With the acquisition of Logi-D completed, we are now working on integrating their products and capitalizing on the new opportunities available to us to accelerate our growth."
First Quarter 2015 Results Conference Call:
Date: September 11th, 2014
Time: 4:30 pm EST
Phone number: 800-728-2056 or 416-981-9030
The call can be replayed by calling 800-558-5253 (access code: 21733033) or 416-626-4100 (access code: 21733033).
View the Q1 FY2015 Financial Statements (PDF, 60K)
TECSYS provides transformative supply chain solutions that equip our customers to succeed in a rapidly-changing omni-channel world. TECSYS solutions are built on a true enterprise supply chain platform, and include warehouse management, distribution and transportation management, as well as complete financial management and analytics. Customers running on TECSYS' Supply Chain Platform are confident knowing they can execute, day in and day out, regardless of business fluctuations or changes in technology, they can adapt and scale to any business needs or size, and they can expand and collaborate with customers, suppliers and partners as one borderless enterprise. From demand planning to demand fulfillment, TECSYS puts power into the hands of both front line workers and back office planners, and unshackles business leaders so they can see and manage their supply chains like never before.
TECSYS is the market leader in supply chain solutions for health systems and hospitals. Over 600 mid-size and Fortune 1000 customers trust their supply chains to TECSYS in the healthcare, service parts, third-party logistics, and general wholesale high-volume distribution industries. TECSYS' shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol TCS.
Forward Looking Statements
The statements in this web site relating to matters that are not historical fact are forward looking statements that are based on management's beliefs and assumptions. Such statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties, including but not limited to future economic conditions, the markets that TECSYS Inc. serves, the actions of competitors, major new technological trends, and other factors beyond the control of TECSYS Inc., which could cause actual results to differ materially from such statements. More information about the risks and uncertainties associated with TECSYS Inc.'s business can be found in the MD&A section of the Company's annual report and annual information form for the fiscal year ended April 30th, 2015. These documents have been filed with the Canadian securities commissions and are available on this Web site and on SEDAR .
Copyright © TECSYS Inc. 2016. All names, trademarks, products, and services mentioned are registered or unregistered trademarks of their respective owners.