TECSYS Reports Record Quarterly Revenue, Signs Largest IDN to Date
MONTREAL, November 25, 2014 — TECSYS Inc. (TSX: TCS), an industry-leading supply chain management software company, today announced its results for the second quarter of fiscal year 2015, ended October 31, 2014. All dollar amounts are expressed in Canadian currency and are prepared in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Second Quarter Highlights:
- Revenue grew 16% to $13.5M in Q2 2015 compared to $11.7M in Q2 2014.
- EBITDA for Q2, 2015 was $1.2M, in line with the $1.2M recorded in Q2 2014.
- Proprietary products revenue grew 29% to $3.2M on strong demand from the Company’s newly acquired Logi-D point-of-use products.
- Services revenue improved by 10% to $8.1M while services profit margin grew to 37% from 34% in Q2 2014.
- Profit from operations was $532K in Q2 2015, compared to $748K in Q2 2014. Before acquisition related expenses and amortizations, profit from operations was $621K in Q2, 2015 compared to $748K in Q2, 2014.
- Recurring revenue on an annualized basis grew to $19.4M, a 19% jump compared to the end of Q2 2014, representing 38% of the last twelve months trailing revenue.
- Total contract bookings in the quarter totaled $9.3M, over 60% of which came from new and existing healthcare clients.
- Backlog was $34.7M at the end of Q2 2015 compared to $27.5M at the end of Q2 2014.
- Cash and cash equivalents totaled $5.1M at the end of Q2 2015 compared to $8.8M at the end of Q4 2014, of which $3.1M was used for the acquisition of Logi-D.
- Signed one of the largest Hospital Networks (IDN) in the United States with 46 hospitals.
- Go-lives at 21 customers' sites, most notably: two IDNs, one major service parts operation of a large imaging products manufacturer and a third-party logistics provider for med surg products.
"Signing one of North America’s largest IDNs was a notable achievement for us this quarter, and demonstrates the growing acceptance of our solutions and recognition of its quick ROI," said Peter Brereton, President and CEO of TECSYS Inc. "We are now focused on integrating Logi-D’s sales and marketing teams and have been actively introducing these new products to our existing and potential customers. Feedback has been positive and we continue to advance a number of opportunities which leverage our expanded product and client portfolio to accelerate growth."
First Half Highlights:
- Revenue grew 19% to $26.6M in the first half of FY2015, compared to $22.3M in the first half of last fiscal year.
- EBITDA for the first half of FY 2015 was $2.2M.compared to $1.8M in the first half of FY 2014. EBITDA in the first half of FY 2015 includes a one-time acquisition related expenses of $160K.
- Profit from operations for the first six months of fiscal 2015 was $1M compared to $0.9M in the same period of fiscal 2014. Before acquisition related expenses and amortizations, profit from operations increased to $1.3M in the first half of FY 2015 from $0.9 in the first half of FY 2014, a 38% increase.
- Net profit for the first half of fiscal 2015 was $753K or $0.07 per share compared to $688K or $0.06 per share for the same period of the prior fiscal year. Net profit for the first half of FY 2015 includes acquisition related expenses and amortization of $265K.
- Total contract bookings for the first half of FY2015 totaled $19M, which includes the addition of four new IDNs.
TECSYS also announced that the Company’s Board of Directors has declared a quarterly dividend of $0.0225 per share, to be paid on January 6, 2015 to shareholders of record at the close of business on December 16, 2014.
Second Quarter 2015 Results Conference Call:
Date: November 25th, 2014
Time: 4:30 pm EST
Phone number: 800-381-7839 or 416-981-9030
The call can be replayed by calling 800-558-5253 (access code: 21742734) or 416-626-4100 (access code: 21742734).
View the Q2 FY2015 Financial Statements (PDF, 67K)
TECSYS provides transformative supply chain solutions that equip our customers to succeed in a rapidly-changing omni-channel world. TECSYS solutions are built on a true enterprise supply chain platform, and include warehouse management, distribution and transportation management, as well as complete financial management and analytics. Customers running on TECSYS' Supply Chain Platform are confident knowing they can execute, day in and day out, regardless of business fluctuations or changes in technology, they can adapt and scale to any business needs or size, and they can expand and collaborate with customers, suppliers and partners as one borderless enterprise. From demand planning to demand fulfillment, TECSYS puts power into the hands of both front line workers and back office planners, and unshackles business leaders so they can see and manage their supply chains like never before.
TECSYS is the market leader in supply chain solutions for health systems and hospitals. Over 600 mid-size and Fortune 1000 customers trust their supply chains to TECSYS in the healthcare, service parts, third-party logistics, and general wholesale high-volume distribution industries. TECSYS' shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol TCS.
Forward Looking Statements
The statements in this web site relating to matters that are not historical fact are forward looking statements that are based on management's beliefs and assumptions. Such statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties, including but not limited to future economic conditions, the markets that TECSYS Inc. serves, the actions of competitors, major new technological trends, and other factors beyond the control of TECSYS Inc., which could cause actual results to differ materially from such statements. More information about the risks and uncertainties associated with TECSYS Inc.'s business can be found in the MD&A section of the Company's annual report and annual information form for the fiscal year ended April 30th, 2015. These documents have been filed with the Canadian securities commissions and are available on this Web site and on SEDAR .
Copyright © TECSYS Inc. 2016. All names, trademarks, products, and services mentioned are registered or unregistered trademarks of their respective owners.